Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brittany & Andrew :: Carlyle House Reception

Brittany and Andrew's wedding took place at John's Creek Baptist Church with reception following at the Carlyle House in Norcross. As you can see, Brittany made my job easier!




Cameos are very dear to me and I love to see brides incorporate their family heirlooms. One of the first pieces of jewelry I owned (at the age of 8? 10?) was from my great-grandmother.






I love the downtown area for portraits- it offers photo ops with everything from train tracks to rows of storefronts and my personal favorite, patches of wild grass and honeysuckle.






Anyone whose photo I have ever taken may remember a moment when I said, "Ok, that's a wrap," only to change my mind mere seconds later when something wonderful catches my eye. That is exactly what happened after Brittany and Andrew walked out of the tall grass and passed by this honeysuckle- how could I resist the image? At the risk of looking a little indecisive slash crazy in front of my clients, I'll hold onto my enthusiasm for the unexpected, and that one... extra... picture... !



Floral designs by Abby Saccamanno...










Brittany and her family at the end of the night. I loved the opportunity to show how close they are. Even though they are posing for a snapshot, I thought the warm light suggested the warmth of their family. : ) Congrats Brittany and Andrew on a wonderful day.


Thanks Debbie and Mandy for shooting with me!

Atlanta Wedding Photographer

1 comment:

Charlene @ Sweetchic said...

She is so beautiful! That first picture is just breathtaking :)